Oh man! I don’t even know where to start writing about this smartphone. Unless you place a phone case around it, you won’t be able to get over how iPhone 6 replica-like it looks! HTC actually describes its design as worth imitating. For others, or themselves?
We saw the similarities also present in another phone like the Samsung Galaxy S6 before, but this one takes the copy-cat cake. Just look at the pictures of it below:
It has the home button (also a fingerprint scanner) at the centre-bottom of the handset, with the same vertical lines running on the back of the phone like they do in the iPhone 6. It is 5 inches, which is not too big or too small bit qualifies it to be called a phablet. It has a 13MP rear camera which protrudes out if the back of the phone like it does in the iPhone 6. It’s also just as metallic!
What sets it apart?
Running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). That’s the only difference large enough to set it apart from the iPhone in this case.
The phone has a smaller than expected 2150mAh battery which we don’t think will last enough day hours for users, but Android 6.0 comes with quick charge capabilities recharging doesn’t take too long.
It’s also much cheaper than the iPhone 6 at a price tag of $399 in the US for now, but with taxes we should expect the HTC One A9 to cost more when it gets to Zambia and the rest of the world in about early November.
Other features of the HTC One A9 are:
- dimensions are 145.75 x 70.8. x 7.26 mm
- front camera is an HTC UltraPixel™ with 1080p video recording
- it has a 3GB RAM in its 16 or 32GB storage variants, with a micrSD slot for memory expansion up to 2 terabytes.
- 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor.
- it’s high definition LCD screen promises up to 40% more colour in its graphics.