Apple CEO Tim Cook stood proudly on stage last night to announce the iPhone 8 and iPhone X to celebrate their 10th anniversary of the iPhone, and it’s not what I expected it to be.
He stated: “No other phones in our lifetime have had an impact the way iPhone has… Our intention is to create something so immersive and magical that the hardware disappears.”
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- comes in silver, space grey and gold
- bezelless glass exterior
- iPhone 8 Plus is sealed for water and dust resistance
- dimensions are 4.7” iPhone 8 and 5.5” for iPhone 8+
- has true tone technology in screen that responds to light in surrounding
- 25% louder speakers than in iPhone 7 with deeper bass
- has a brand new chip: A11 Bionic, fastest in any phone, 70% faster than A10, uses all 6 cores at once, and can handle multitasking
- GPU is 3 core design, 30% better than previous iPhone
- Cameras are 12MP sensors and are claimed to be larger and faster, providing 83% more light and more power efficient. The iPhone 8 Plus has dual 12MP cameras promising wider apertures and more usage in low-light. Apple also introduced Portrait Mode will ship in beta in iPhone 8, can change composition and lighting in face of people in portrait pics
- 1080px 240 ps in video mode is double that in the iPhone 7
- Comes with wireless charging pod called AirPower
- Has Face ID technology to unlock your phone, promising that no one can get access to your iPhone even if they make a mask mould of you.
- Price: iPhone 8 starts from $699 and iPhone 8 Plus from $799.
As shared by Apple
- Super Retina HD display
- 5.8-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display
- HDR display
- 2436-by-1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- True Tone display
- 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras
- 4K video recording at 24 fps (you can take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video), 30 fps, or 60 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Battery ‘lasts up to 2 hours longer than iPhone 7’. Apple hasn’t shared the actual mAh. (SMH)
- A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture with M11 motion coprocessor
- Storage: 65GB and 256GB
- Price: iPhone X starts from $999.
What’s new or cool?
THESE ANIMOJIS ARE NEXT LEVEL #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/IPbTKha1eu
— Complex News (@Complex_News) September 12, 2017
Animojis. These are animated emojis and will probably be abused. I’d do too.
Where I’ve seen it in Android already:
- Samsung had launched their Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge with a wireless charging device in 2015, who also launched fast-charge technology
- Dual cameras have been around since 2011’s HTC Evo 3D
- Bezel-less screens have been present in Xiaomi, Samsung (who even put aside-screen on the edge if they feel like it), Huawei, Infinix
- Water and dust resistance premiered in the Samsung Galaxy S5
- Portrait Mode, really, there’s plenty apps you can get with filters and background editing options to ‘artfully blur backgrounds’.
3 thoughts on “iPhone 8 is the Android Apple users have been waiting for”
I think they’re are great phones indeed…more than anything on the power of the processor. The other additional features albeit present in other brands, only these phones have it all plus a great processor. I like your ritzy conclusion though…kudos.
“No other phones in our lifetime have had an impact the way iPhone has..” – Whether people want to admit it or not, this is very true. Look at the fanfare that always surrounds the Apple Events and what-not. They make new phones that have features other brands have already encompassed but they always take it a step further. Having said that, I believe more people will want the iPhone X but won’t be able to afford it or won’t want to wait until November, so they will settle for the 8.
hehehehehehehe….well put. thumbs up miss Sandi
Comments are closed.