There are rumours that the new to-be-released iPhone 7 may come with a 7 Plus companion in sizes of 4.7″ and 5.5″, juts like the iPhone 6 did. We expect Apple to launch it in September, possibly dropping the device numbering system and calling it the “iPhone Pro”. We’ll have to wait and see.
Here are a few things the tech world is expecting:
- the iPhone 7 may be slightly thicker than the 6s variants, with 7 at 7.2mm (0.3mm thicker than iPhone 6) and iPhone 7 Plus at 7.3mm (0.2mm thicker than iPhone 6 Plus). It’s expected to be thinner (with the removal of its headset jack) than its predecessor and may have a less protruding camera.
- the screen resolution in the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will be the same as in the 6s and 6s Plus, unless the 7 gets the resolution of the 6s Plus while the screen in the 7 Plus gets an even better resolution
- a 2K AMOLED Force Touch display
- iPhone 7 will have 2GB RAM while iPhone 7 Plus gets 3GB RAM and new generation A10 processors. This may mean bigger batteries and thus longer battery life.
- device storage may be increased from 16GB to 32/64/12GB options
- iPhone 7 will have single while iPhone 7 Plus will have dual cameras.
- will have a Smart Keyboard connector on the iPhone 7.
- the antenna bars, which are the white stripes seen on top and bottom of iPhone 6s and 6s Plus rear, will be removed and placed as curves on edges as shown below.
- The back of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus may have ceramic backs instead of aluminium as in previous phones, to allow for wireless charging.
- There are also rumours that it may come waterproof.
Note that these are NOT facts about the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus’s specs, but are a summary of expectations. All specifications will be revealed when both devices are launched.