MTN is on the bandwagon of getting rid of illiteracy and we applaud them for their efforts so let’s see what’s being offered by their eLearning service.
According to their website, these are the available courses:
- Business Coaching: Conducting Coaching Sessions
- Business Writing: How to Write Clearly and Concisely
- Campus to Corporate: Developing a Professional Image
- Campus to Corporate: Meeting New Expectations
- Getting started with Excel
- Getting started with PowerPoint
- Getting started with Word
- Improving Your Emotional Intelligence Skills: Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- Initiating and Planning a Project
- Introduction to Workplace Ethics
- Managing Your Career: Creating a Plan
- Preparing for an Internal Interview
- Principles of Accounting and Finance for Non-financial Professionals
- Project Management Fundamentals
The great thing is that these courses are free for 6 months. Wait, 6 months only? What kind of qualification can you get? Well, you get a certificate of attendance 2 weeks after completing your course. Can you get a job with this certificate? We don’t know. You could probably get into the lower end of the workforce seeing as these days a minimum requirement is a degree looking at all the employment notices online and in newspapers, but hey, it’s better than nothing. You might be lucky enough to climb up the corporate ladder faster than others.
Who can access the service?Only MTN Zambia subscribers who are registered for MTN Play, so if you’re on the Airtel or Zamtel network, you’re not eligible at all.
Rates? Standard data charges apply when you access the courses online so unless you have Opera Mini (which compresses your web pages and saving data bundles by up to 90%) you might invest in some larger bundles now. Get Opera Mini here.
Picture Credit: Wikimedia