Remember the Startupper of the Year competition that Total launched last year? It took place in a few countries including Zambia, whose finalists are as follows:
- Moonga Chowe: Project Quickdeliva
- Enock Lungu, Project Computer Village
- Mwila Lwando, Project Live Clean Initiatives
- Edwin Mumbula, Project Edrands Enterprise Limited
- Muntanga Munkombwe, Project Xambu
- Malama Mushota, Project Neoma Surface And Underground Engineering Solutions Limited
- Andrew Musona, Project Fish Living Enterprise
- Andrew Nguvu, Project Kasumbi Pure Poultry (Kasumbi)
- Mataa Sikalela, Project Newa Farm
- Stanley Nkhosa Tembo, Project Zam Smart Farm
These 10 startups will get business coaching/support from BongoHive, a technology and innovation hub situated in Lusaka. The startup to win the 1st prize will get funding of K190000, the 2nd gets K120000 and the 3rd will get K80000 from Total. Winners will be announced on 1st May 2016.
The competition was in 34 countries: Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Guinea, Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Congratulations to all the winners and kudos to Total for investing in innovation, especially that to do with technology. We can’t wait to see what project wins the ultimate prize.