It’s only right that at the beginning of 2016 we acknowledge who did well and or badly in certain areas of the technology spectrum in 2015. Techtrends would like to acknowledge the following:
1. Mobile Network of the Year – MTN Zambia
MTN made 2015 the year of 4G internet in Zambia. Their 4G footprint and nationwide 3G coverage led them to be the data network of choice for people on the go.
2. Most Innovative with CSRs – Airtel Zambia
Airtel was the company that gave back in 2015. Numerous books, computers and ICT training centres were donated back to the community. Smile 🙂
3. ISP of the Year – Paratus Telecom (as voted for here)
As a business focused ISP Paratus excelled in customer service by providing exceptional customer service. We all know that this is the one area where Mobile Telcos and ISP tend to fail. We wish that as they continue to grow the service they offer will continue to be best in class.
4. Online Business of the Year – DotCom Zambia
Thank you to DotCom for proving that it is possible to be an eBusiness in Zambia and thrive. With 2016 just starting we hope that other other businesses and entrepreneurs will follow their lead. Yes we do know you cannot register on Google Marketplace just yet but be ready with your product when the time comes.
5. Most Preferred Mobile Money – Airtel Money (as voted for here)
Congratulations to Airtel for being the preferred Mobile Money provider but 2016 is the year to be innovative. We want more ways to get paid and to pay for goods and services!
6. Best Product Campaign – Zamtel, for their Low Low bundles
7. Best Product offering by a mobile operator – So Che by Airtel Zambia (as voted for here)
Congratulations All!!! Now to work harder in 2016!