The Sony Xperia 1 IV has been launched with one goal; to beat all other phones at mobile photography with its enhanced optical zoom lens. Most smartphone cameras have a tendency to blur images when they’re zoomed in, and Sony saw a gap to fill with that.
The Sony Xperia 1 IV has 3 cameras, one with a variable focal length of 85-125mm, and can be adjusted to just over 5x zoom. Its burst shooting mode can take up to 20 shots in 1 second and can shoot videos in 4K from every rear-facing lens.
Cost? It’s not cheap at $1599 when it launches!
All 3 12MP cameras can shoot slo-mo video in Ultra HD quality, it will last you a while with its 5,000mAh, its 6.5in display screen is 4K for awesome viewing of videos and other content, and it’s powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon Gen 1 processor.
Here are all the product highlights shared by Sony:
- 4K HDR native 120fps video recording1 on all rear lenses
- True optical zoom 85-125mm/16mm/24mm lenses w/ 20fps HDR AF/AE3
- Real-time Eye AF & object tracking for photo/video on all rear lenses
- Brightest6 6.5” 4K 120Hz HDR OLED 21:9 wide Display7
- Build-in live streaming for videographers4 and mobile gamers5
- Videography Pro for creative control in video capture and streaming4
- Record your own tracks in Music Pro11 and achieve studio-like quality
- 5G sub6 & mmW22; Snapdragon™ 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform18
- 12GB RAM, 512GB ROM plus Micro-SD media slot, 5000mAh battery
- Ultimate smartphone vlogging w/ optional vlog monitor & Bluetooth grip25
- IP65/68 water resistance21 and Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus™ display
- 10bit RAW for smooth color gradation and high dynamic range
- Incredible audio: Full-stage stereo speakers, Bluetooth & 3.5mm jack
- Full-stage front facing stereo speakers, support 360 Reality Audio13