If you were dying to get your hands on the new LG G4 it looks like we may not have to plan your burial any longer. It has been made available through pre-orders in the United Kingdom first at about £500 and will soon be shipped worldwide. It is available on Amazon if you’re looking.
Our first impression was it was a boxy phone, very square with slight curves so was it targeted at the type of man who likes sturdy devices maybe? We just don’t see this flying with women but who knows!
Its all about design, the camera and the display this time around and here are its main features compiled by GSM Arena:
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3 – 9.8 mm, 155g
- Screen: 5.5″ Quantum dot IPS screen with 1,440 x 2,560 resolution, 538ppi; Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Snapdragon 808, dual-core Cortex-A57 plus quad-core Cortex-A53, Adreno 418 GPU, 3GB RAM
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop; Optimus UX 4.0
- Camera: 16MP with OIS 2.0, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.6 sensor size, laser autofocus; manual controls and RAW mode; 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0
- Video camera: 2160p recording
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Storage: 32GB built-in; expandable via microSD card slot
- Connectivity: Cat 6 LTE (300Mbps down, 50Mbps up), Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC.
What catches the eye the most is the leather back that the LG G4 may come with. It’s an optional feature but we think it helps with grip for such a large phone if you have small hands.
LG has predicted that they will sell over 12 million LG G4 devices globally, which places it in the running against Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge and iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices.
The user reviews so far are far from friendly, with many saying they are disappointed with teh camera and were hoping for some water-resistant and dust-proof features.