A competition has been launched to recognize and award African technology companies that have achieved the fastest rates of revenue growth in the past five years by Deloitte. A press release stated that the professional services firm has launched the Deloitte Technology Fast50 Africa Programme to recognize technological innovation on the continent. Here is the lowdown:
Who is eligible?
A technology company that:
- Develops or owns proprietary technology that contributes to a significant portion of the company’s operating revenues; or
- Manufactures a technology-related product; or
- Devotes a high percentage of effort to research and development of technology.
- Uses global or local technology to build an innovative and sustainable technology business.
Who can participate?
Public or private- and encompass all technology industry segments including:
- Biotech / Pharmaceutical / Medical Equipment
- Telecommunications / Networking / Internet
- Computers / Peripherals
- Semiconductors / Components / Electronics
- Media and Entertainment
- Green tech
Technology Leader of Africa at Deloitte, Kamal Ramsingh, says, “We at Deloitte want to reward companies who have achieved the status of high growth leaders because they have demonstrated innovative strategies, sound management and marketplace vision,”
The ranking features technology companies who consistently demonstrate business growth. It is open to companies run and majority-owned by African citizens who have base operating revenues of at least USD 70 000 and current year operating revenues of at least USD 500 000. The companies must be headquartered on the continent, and operational for a minimum of five years.
Nominations open – 1st June 2014
Nominations close – 31st July 2014
Winners’ announcement – Early September 2014
Of course, we realize that this press release has been sent out quite late (just yesterday); thus, we wonder how many submissions this Fast50 competition has received/will receive?
Before you get too excited about blindly entering, be sure to double check the website and read all the requirements to submit a sensible entry. Be armed with your company’s proprietary technology verification and revenue support and verification, among other things. You can enter the competition online at the Deloitte Technology Fast50 Africa Programme website here.
Image Credit: VentureBurn