MTN MoMo is a groundbreaking fintech platform offering a wide array of innovative digital financial services to consumers and businesses across Africa. Our platform provides access to payment, e-commerce, insurance, lending, and remittance services, operating in 17 markets on the continent.To bridge the financial services gap in the markets where MTN operates, we recognize the importance of collaboration. We actively seek partnerships with financial service providers, regulatory authorities, other mobile network operators, merchants, distributors, businesses, technology providers, entrepreneurs, and developers. Together with our partners, we are committed to enhancing the economic and social well-being of millions of Africans.
As part of our dedication to closing the financial inclusion gap, MTN Group has made its Mobile Money platform accessible across its entire footprint through the MoMo API program.
Key Details of the Hackathon:
- The challenge will run from July 31, 2023, to October 9, 2023.
- Developers will have five weeks to submit their innovative ideas for financial and transactional applications that incorporate MTN Mobile Money APIs.
- The mobile application must target consumers, merchants, or businesses, providing practical and valuable solutions that can be deployed in the developers’ registered markets. The applications should cover use cases beyond payment, leveraging MTN MoMo APIs.
- MTN in each participating country will select the top 12 applicants to advance to the prototyping phase.
- Preselected applicants will be required to develop a working prototype of their solution, and provide a live demo of their application to the adjudicators.
- Interested developers can find more information Momo Hackathon 2023
- Finalists stand a chance to win their share of USD 10,000 in prize money in their respective countries.
MTN Group looks forward to the innovative solutions that developers will create, driving financial inclusion and empowering individuals and businesses across Africa.
- 1st prize – USD 5000
- 2nd Prize – USD 3,000
- 3rd Prize – USD 2,000