Statista shared in a chart the Facebook earnings since 2016 second quarter (Q2) till this year’s and we see the social media company has managed to net 71% of profits since then and gross by 45% in the same period. You can see the full breakdown here.
‘In Q2, the company posted a year-on-year increase in net income of 71 percent. Moving up from the $2.3 billion in 2016, the last three months put $3.9 billion in the Facebook coffers. Revenue is a similar story, with global advertising income helping to power a 45 percent year-on-year increase to $9.2 billion’ – Statista
Some other Facebook figures you may be interested in are:
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.32 billion on average for June 2017, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 2.01 billion as of June 30, 2017, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 87% of advertising revenue for the second quarter of 2017, up from approximately 84% of advertising revenue in the second quarter of 2016.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the second quarter of 2017 were $1.44 billion.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $35.45 billion at the end of the second quarter of 2017.
- Headcount – Headcount was 20,658 as of June 30, 2017, an increase of 43% year-over-year.