The Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA) has invited Zambian youths aged between 18-35 years to submit concept papers on innovative Information and Communication Technology (ICT) projects. They posted this on their Facebook page:
The concept papers will be evaluated by an independent technical evaluation committee to facilitate entry into an Incubation programme being supported by ZICTA. Twenty (20) submissions will be shortlisted to participate in the Incubation programme. The programme will be for a duration of three (3) months upon which the participants will graduate.
The programme will offer support to the shortlisted candidates in the form of the following services:
• Business development support services;
• Access to facilities such as work stations, internet services, computers and other essential office equipment;
• Mentorship opportunities with identified industry experts and successful entrepreneurs;
• Technical support for the development of the innovation;
• Business linkages with possible off takers of the innovation;
• Linkages with potential financiers and equity partners; and
• Other services that could support the development of the idea into a viable business venture.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for consideration in the programme by logging onto the following the link http://www.zicta.zm/Forums/2016/incubationprogramme/index.html.
Applicants must submit their concept papers using the application form provided on the link. The deadline for applications will be Friday May 27, 2016. Only successful applicants shall be contacted.