Last week we reported that the first batch of the latest Nokia N1 tablets sold out in China, about 20000 units in Minutes! The same thing has happened again.
Nokia had planned to roll out a second batch to China on the 15th January (yesterday) and they did, selling out all the units in just minutes. The number of how many units were sold out this time has not been confirmed so as soon as we have that we’ll update the article.
Another batch of the Nokia N1 tablet is expected in China on the 22nd January so orders are still outstanding right now. When the first batch sold out there were over 500,000 pending orders.
You may wonder what makes this tablet so special so here are a few specifications from an article we wrote on the N1:
- 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage
- 7.9-inch 2048 x 1536 touchscreen pixel resolution
- An 8MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera.
- It comes with Intel’s Atom Z3580 SoC, and being served by a 2.3 GHz quad-core CPU. Operating system is the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Battery life should be about 4- 5 hours with its 5,300 mAh battery on continued use.
It is being sold at about $250 (approx. ZMW 1600). Nokia seems to be winning n China right now so get your hands on one if you can. There is no word on when the Nokia N1 will be available elsewhere in the world.