For any gadget-loving, mobile-thrilled, app-obsessing person, the GSMA Mobile World Conference is the place to be this month. Imagine ALL the major mobile companies you’ve ever heard of in one place? It is pure tech heaven. CNET calls it “the biggest and most important smartphone party of the year.”
If you’ve never heard of it, the Mobile World Conference (MWC) is the world’s biggest mobile event that attracts individuals, entrepreneurs and companies from all over the world. This year it will take place for it’s 2nd year at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain between the 24th and 27th of February.
It’s the one place where all the greatest tech innovations are born and exhibited. So the NEXT big thing in the mobile world is usually reared from there and shared with the world, and knowing how much people are all about technology these days, they even let you get to try out new gadgets and apps. The MWC is constantly showcasing new products, services and apps in the various exhibitions. The exhibitions are supposed to contribute to helping make life much easier for the ordinary man.
This year’s MWC will feature live keynotes from Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerburg, and IBM Chairperson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Virginia (Ginni) Rometty.
WHo wouldn’t want to be a part of that? According to their website website, as a participant, you get to experience:
Depending on the type of pass selected, attendees can take advantage of the many components that make up this industry-leading event:
- A world-class thought-leadership Conference featuring visionary keynotes and panel discussions
- A cutting-edge product and technology Exhibition featuring 1,700 exhibitors
- The world’s best venue for seeking industry opportunities, making deals, and Networking
- App Planet, the Centre of the Mobile Apps Universe, where the mobile app community gathers to learn, network and engage with innovators
- mPowered Industries, a new conference and exhibition programme taking place in Fira Montjuïc for those in the Health, Advertising, Broadcast and Travel industries
- And the Global Mobile Awards programme, where we recognise advancements and achievements in the industry
If there’s any such thing in Zambia that you know about, let us know. We would LOVE to attend it. We’ve got a couple of sources attending the Barcelona event so look out for some very interesting reviews and new developments on this site. Also, if anybody else reading this post is going to attend the MWC please get in touch with us. Let’s be honest Zambia, we have to step-up. Nanaka dealing (I’m tired of the struggle)!!!
Image credit: BOKU