If you are a startup in financial technology (FinTech), Barclays has partnered with startup and accelerator funding venture TechStars to provide a co-working space, tools and funding to eligible startups.
The programme has a wealth of mentors from the financial industry who will help develop your startup ideas, and help them accelerate. You are eligible to apply if your startup falls under any of these FinTech components:
- capability in machine learning
- digital banking solutions
- cyber security
- data analytics
- wealth management
The application process is open until the 5th of January, 2016 and the accelerator programme should start in late March. It is a 13 week programme where startups will be able to get:
- introductions and guidance from Barclays top personnel as they seek innovative solutions
- mentoring from successful entrepreneurs and experts from the FinTech industry
- a $120,000 investment from TechStars and gain other corporate perks as a partner
- access to a dynamic, collaborative community working space with some of the best resources
- an opportunity to pitch your startup to the top FinTech influencers
- a lifetime membership to the sought-after Techstars alumni community
After the programme completion, there will be two demo events, one private one strictly for a Barclays panel on the 28th June 2016 and another public one on the 3oth of June 2016 for FinTech industry experts and media at an invitation-only event.
The Barclays Accelerator in Cape Town office is located at Rise Cape Town, 66 Albert Road, Woodstock Exchange, Cape Town, but you can apply from anywhere in Africa. If you’re accepted, you’ll need to have a legal right to stay in South Africa for the programme’s duration and TechStars will provide working visas for you. If they will not be able to do so, they will connect you to agencies that can.
To apply for the Barclays Accelerator in Cape Town click here, and all the best!