Here are the stories, news and lessons we shared last week:
- We were curious as to where Afrimax is in Zambia because we expected a launch in April but it’s been pretty quiet. The company has spent big on their tech infrastructure with the $120 million LTE build by ZTE in Cameron and Zambia being the crown jewel. The LTE network will allow Afrimax to have a head start on both Airtel and Zamtel with regards to network capabilities, only MTN have a nationwide LTE network. This has the potential to usurp a sizeable data customer base from the other Telcos and ISPs not investing in their access networks. Afrimax where are you?
- Airtel Networks Zambia Plc was honored with the Overall Award in the Telecommunications and Information Technology Sector of the Zambia Federation of Employers at 50 Annual General Meeting held in Livingstone. The company scooped the overall prize for four of its policies which include the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy, HIV/AIDS Policy, Internship Policy and Environmental Management Policy.
- Mr. George Sokota, Chairman, Airtel Networks Zambia Plc retired from his position, and Entrepreneur Ms. Monica Musonda, has been appointed as the new Chairman in line with the Company’s policy on the appointment of Independent Directors.
- If you ever need tips on how to take the perfect selfie, who better than Psych Tash to tell you how. Check that out here.
- WhatsApp added end-to-end encryption to the messaging platform so now not even WhatsApp employees can see what messages are sent through the app! Talk about security. Here‘s how that story went.
- To cater to the global demand for media-rich browsing and other content-heavy activities around the clock, many content providers are seeking the help of Content Distribution Networks (CDNs). So, with that in mind, what exactly is a Content Distribution Network, how does it work, and should you be considering using one? Read our Introduction to CDNs.
- Currently, the world is hyping research into machine tech, and we tapped into it a little bit here.
- Facebook launched an Agency Ambassador programme in Africa to equip its agency partners with the skills and information they need to make the most of Facebook as a marketing and advertising platform.
- What apps get more time spent on? Find out here.
- Local startup 360Deals, an online shopping marketplace, was profiled as well here.
To a great tech week! 🙂