You’ve seen the pictures of the new Nokia 3310 go viral on social media, and many expected it to be a super smart phone but nope, it is just a step above what it was years ago and you should only really want it for the nostalgia it brings and ofcourse, the famous Snake game.
It has a global retail price of €49 (approximately K579 today) but prices may vary locally depending on duties, taxes and currency exchange rates.
“This is what consumers have been asking us for, and so we decided that we’d just do it and have some fun with it, said Florian Seiche, president of HMD (who own Nokia phones). “That’s the unique opportunity we have here at HMD with the Nokia brand.”
The The Nokia 3310 has the following features:
- 2.40-inch display with a resolution of 240 pixels by 320 pixels,
- 16MB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card
- runs Series 30
- 2MP rear camera
- 1200mAh removable battery
- 115.60 x 51.00 x 12.80 cm in dimensions
- a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) mobile that accepts Micro-SIM and Micro-SIM
- comes in warm red (glossy), dark blue (matte), yellow (glossy), grey (matte) colours
- only supports 2G networks, and will thus launch in Asia Pacific, Africa, Eorupe and the Middle East which still support that network and will launch in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
“Nokia phones stir real emotions; people know them for their beautiful design and craftsmanship, together with a built-to-last quality that you can rely on. Our new portfolio combines these classic Nokia hallmarks with a best-in-class Android performance and a new level of craftsmanship. For the Nokia 3310 we just couldn’t resist. We wanted to reward loyal Nokia phone fans and make a statement that rich heritage, innovation and modern design can go hand-in-hand. Fundamentally, it is about making sure that right across our portfolio we are delivering this pure Nokia experience.” – said Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer at HMD Global