MTN Zambia and BongoHive are partnering to host the Telecom Application Developer (TAD) Hackathon from 14 – 16 October 2016, which will run parallel to other hackathons in more than 30 countries. TADHack was founded in 2013 to bring together developers and others in the telecom industry passionate about building products and/or services that enhance the use of telecoms in business or applications.
TADHack is the only global meeting place for developers who want to learn, share, code and create using the tools and technologies available in telecommunications. TADHack Global is the world’s largest telecom focused hackathon in the world. This will be the first ever TADHack in Zambia under TADHack Global.
The 14th of October will have the opening event, a networking cocktail and then the 15th and 16th will be the days developers roll up their sleeves (even though we know most are T-shirt people) and get to business!
Why should you go?
- Get educated on the power of telecom app development
- Listen to expert speakers and share best practices
- Get your innovative service / platform / idea promoted and presented to the industry
- Learn how to translate your ideas into sales
- Meet the international community of telecom app innovators
- Learn about the APIs, WebRTC, communications service platforms, cloud communications, and many other web- and IT-centric service platforms
What does Hackathon mean? A hackathon is a gathering where programmers collaboratively code in an extreme manner over a short period of time. Hackathons are at least a few days – or over a weekend – and generally no longer than a week. While working on a particular project, the idea is for each developer to have the ability and freedom to work on whatever he/she wants. A hackathon is also known as a hackfest or hack day. (Source: Technopedia)
If you just want to learn more click here.